The Bichli Haveli Project will restore and rehabilitate a 140-year-old haveli located in the old city of Udaipur, transforming it into a community and heritage resource center with revenue-generating accommodation to ensure its ongoing operation. In addition to the restoration of the Bichli Haveli, the project aims to bring benefit to the community in which it is located.
- Restore and rehabilitate the Bichli Haveli
- Establish a community engagement program including alley greening, composting, graywater treatment and provide public meeting and play spaces
- Train and employ Udaipur’s migrant women laborers to create teams of skilled restoration specialists who can use these skills in the future
- Provide economic benefit by hiring local staff and supporting local suppliers and services
- Demonstrate to the larger community the viability of restoration as a tool of community renewal and improvement, and provide them with the resources to embark on similar initiatives
Because of your generosity on Giving Tuesday, $1,700 has been raised toward hiring the local crew for the first month of work at the Bichli Haveli project in India. $1,700 puts us well on the way to what's needed help create new jobs in Udaipur. By making a donation, you [...]
On this annual day of giving back, we are exhilarated and hopeful about the meaningful work that is beginning soon in India. Over the next few years, with our Indian partners and our trip participants, we will be restoring the Bichli Haveli in the old city of Udaipur, and embarking [...]