The Bichli Haveli Project will restore and rehabilitate a 140-year-old haveli located in the old city of Udaipur, transforming it into a community and heritage resource center with revenue-generating accommodation to ensure its ongoing operation. In addition to the restoration of the Bichli Haveli, the project aims to bring benefit to the community in which it is located.
- Restore and rehabilitate the Bichli Haveli
- Establish a community engagement program including alley greening, composting, graywater treatment and provide public meeting and play spaces
- Train and employ Udaipur’s migrant women laborers to create teams of skilled restoration specialists who can use these skills in the future
- Provide economic benefit by hiring local staff and supporting local suppliers and services
- Demonstrate to the larger community the viability of restoration as a tool of community renewal and improvement, and provide them with the resources to embark on similar initiatives
Info Session and Q&A about July India Trip April 11, 1 PM ET/10 AM PT Already registered or on the fence about volunteering in India this July 10-21? Whether you're a seasoned traveler or a first-time overseas volunteer, a 12-day trip to India can be a big deal. We invite you [...]
Registration now open for July 2017 Trip It's official! We're leading a group to the Bichli Haveli project July 10-21, 2017. We'll be working with the local community to restore a 140-year-old haveli (nobleman's house) and rehabilitate the surrounding neighborhood. See Rajasthan the RWI Way For over two decades, Restoration Works International has been [...]