India – Bichli Haveli Project
Experience beautiful Rajasthan in the uniquely RWI way
For over two decades, Restoration Works International has been offering tour participants a remarkable cultural experience exploring the traditions and cultures of the world, with a special emphasis on hands-on service and meaningful relationship building in the communities in which we work.
Our capable tour leaders, small group sizes, and unattainable-experiences-on-your-own are RWI trip attributes that bring our volunteers back time and again. From your arrival to your departure, we take care of the details, so you can make the memories. Our 12-day trips allow you to travel slowly and really get to know the place and its people. And our emphasis on service means you’re no typical tourist – you’ll be giving back in a tangible way that directly benefits the Bichli Haveli community.
On our trips to the Bichli Haveli, we will work with our local partners to restore a 140-year-old haveli (nobleman’s house) into a community resources center as the focal point of a neighborhood renewal program.
The Bichli Haveli project is in one of the world’s most beautiful regions: the Indian state of Rajasthan, and the “White City” of Udaipur. Often called the “Venice of the East,” Udaipur is edged by lakes and hills and punctuated with ancient palaces. It has a rich cultural tradition of architecture, art, and craft that you can explore in depth in the ample free time you have when not volunteering at the project site and participating in the community program.
July 10-21, 2017
Trip Price: $2950 – 12 Days
Your tour fee includes:
- Ground and air transportation within India, including pick-up upon your arrival at Delhi’s international airport with transport to your hotel/guesthouse
- Accommodation beginning from your first night in Udaipur to your last evening before returning to Delhi
- Meals from Day 1 lunch in Udaipur through dinner on Day 12
- Select tours and recreational activities during your trip dates
Trip Price for Indian Nationals residing in India: $1000
Past Participants/Alumni: 20% discount
Sharing Room with a Travel Partner: $100 off (each)
All participants are responsible for:
- Transportation to Delhi, India
- Indian visas
- Travel health insurance, including emergency evacuation
- A review of our Welcome Package, which you will receive upon payment of your deposit. It contains important information for pre-trip preparation including RWI’s packing list and additional information about the site and area.
- All tour fees are a tax-deductible donation in the United States. (Please consult your tax advisor.) Remember — you can also fundraise in order to cover the cost of your trip. Your donors’ contributions are tax-deductible.
- Reservations are secured with a US$500 deposit. The balance is due 45 days prior to your departure date. RWI will send you an invoice as a reminder.
- Tour fees and deposits are refundable up to 90 days before Day 1 of the trip, less a US$75 administration fee. Tour fees are 50% refundable up to 50 days before Day 1 of the trip. Sorry, no refunds within 50 days of tours, but please contact us as we will help you to rebook for another tour.
- Accommodations are usually booked as single occupancy unless you are traveling with others and would like to share accommodation (you are eligible for the shared room discount).
- Please book your international travel early. Arrive at least 24 hours before the beginning of the tour and plan to depart at least 24 hours after it ends. Most participants work with a travel agent that has experience booking flights to and from your destination. We are happy to pass along recommended travel agents. RWI is a member of Fly For Good, which offers flight discounts for those traveling on behalf of a charity. Our local Indian travel agency can assist you with lodging in Delhi before and after the trip begins if you would like. Please contact us for more information.